The Quilts at the Marshall House is located on the East side of Marshall behind beautiful Carver Park. This historic building is now home to a wonderful selection of materials and supplies.
In addition, the shop holds classes in many areas from machine Quilting basics and advanced, binding, applique, design, etc. They can also help tailor a class to your needs.
The Quilts at the Marshall House is located on Exchange Street. This street was originally called Mill Street, but was changed with development of the Exchange Hotel built in 1839 followed by the term "Exchange Square" at the East end of town.
A large, elaborate hotel was built on Exchange (and State Street - now Michigan Ave) in 1838. Extravagant for its time, it was a noted resort and the headquarters for the Whig Political Party.
The hotel was later run as a stagecoach stop. From 1864-1869, it was used as the Perrin Collegiate Institute founded by Horace J. Perrin.
Years of decay and squatters took its toll, until one wing was restored in 1891 by Mr. Perrin's nephew, Lewis Perrin, to be used for his dwelling. in 1913, a fire damaged more of the previously three story building. After Mr. Perrin's death is was used as an apartment building and then a funeral home until 1990.