SETTLING DOWN IN MARSHALL
Buying a Home
The Marshall area offers a unique blend of housing choices including: middle range "fixer-uppers", condominiums, grand historic homes of varying architectural style, and custom new construction. Marshall's neighborhoods offer traditional homes intertwined with newer planned housing developments bringing the best of small town living together.
Housing prices in Marshall have a wide range from affordable to upscale with price tags everywhere in between. The average priced home falls in the $126,000 range, and property values typically increase from 5-7% annually depending on home and location. Vacant land is also available in various parcel sizes in Marshall and the surrounding areas.
Property taxes in Marshall are calculated by multiplying the State Equalized Value (SEV) times the homestead millage rate. The SEV is set at 50% of the fair market value for any given property. The millage rate on residential properties is Marshall is 44.0722 mils. For example, if you purchase a $100,000 home, your taxes would be calculated as:
$100,000 fair market value X 50% = $ 50,000 SEV
SEV ($50,000) X .0440722 (44.0722 mils) = $2,204 annual property tax.
Sherman and Associates, LLC Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate
- 309 W. Michigan Ave.
Rosemary Davis Realtors
- 210 W. Michigan Ave.
Prudential Preferred Realtors
- 101 Greenfield Blvd.
RemaxLandmark Real Estate
- 14998 Seventeen Mi. Rd.
Community Healthcare Services
- Marshall, established 1934 with a staff of 310 (58 active, 56 courtesy doctors) 94 beds
- 200 N. Madison Ave
Oaklawn Life Improvement Center
- Aquatic fitness facilities and programs, personalized and group exercise, weigh management, and spa facilities
Oaklawn Sports Rehabilitation Center
- Injury and joint rehabilitation for knee, hip, ankle, and shoulder; treatment for neck and back pain; work and sports-related injuries
Oaklawn Birthing Center
- More than 550 babies delivered yearly; personalized delivery care
Oaklawn Homecare Health Services
- Nurses, home health aides, physical, occupational, and speech therapy, cardio-pulmonary
Oaklawn Mental Health Services
- 17 bed in-patient psychiatric center, partial hospitalization process, outpatient counseling, homecare psychiatric nursing
Oaklawn Sleep Disorder Testing Program
- Diagnosis and treatment for sleep disorders
Long Term Health Care
Maplewood of Marshall
- assisted living for semi-independent residents; 37 beds
Marshall Nursing and Rehabilitation Community
- care for those in need of 24-hour supervision
- respite care for determined periods of time; 71 beds
Tendercare of Marshall
- care for those in need of 24-hour supervision; 114 beds
Adult Foster Care
Facilities for adults in need of daily assistance with basic activities
- Verona Foster Care - 789-0068
- Jacobs Foster Care - 781-9774
- Phyllis Ripley - 781-6674
- Wolk's Foster Car - 789-1880
- Best Care - 789-0300
- Best Care West - 780-9290
- Cosmopolitan AFC - 781-8128
Adult Day Care Center
- Lifebridge Center - 781-4480
Other Marshall health care providers
11 Dentists, 4 Optometrists, & 3 Veterinarians facilities.